— Dakota to Cherry
Dr. Dakota Block is a main character in the Planet Terror.
She is portrayed by Marley Shelton.
Dr. Dakota BlockShe is the estranged daughter of Earl McGraw, sister of Deputy Edgar, wife of William Block and mother of Tony Block. She is an anasthesiologist, working in the same hospital as her husband. She has been having an affair with Tammy, and she plans to leave William and take her son with her as the movie begins.
Earl McGraw stopped talking to her for some disclosed reason. Possibilities include because of a dislike for her husband or having discover the fact that she is a bisexual.
Although Dakota informs Block that she and Tammy are not together anymore, it appears they are still together.
Dakota is Block's wife, but she states that he is insane and that she's afraid of what he might do to her and/or Tony.
Dakota appears to be a good mother towards Tony as she is willing to leave Block for him.
|“||It was so cool, I had butterflies. It was the first time all the cast had seen the finished product. You quickly forget you’re in the movie because both films are so good. The audience responds so enthusiastically that you can completely escape into these crazy worlds Robert and Quentin have created.||”|
— Marley Shelton recation upon seeing Grindhouse
- In Native American, the name Dakota [Pronounced də-KO-tə] means- Friend; ally. Tribal name.. Other origins for the name Dakota include - Native American, American.The name Dakota is a unisex name and can be used for a boy or girl name (male or female).
- "Hi Joe."
- "I'm going to give you a very strong anesthetic. So you don't feel anything during the procedure."
- "I was afraid of what you would do to me and to our son, I'm the mother of your son."
- "We sure are, sweetie...."
"You know, my girlfriend had a theory. She said that at some point in your life, you find a use for every useless talent you ever had. It's like connecting the dots."
- "Useless talent #37."
- This character has a short appearance in Death Proof.